If you have been engaging in a lot of physical activity whether it be for exercise or preparing for Spring - you may be quite sore. Soreness isn't necessarily a bad thing as it shows that you are stressing your body and that stress often makes it grow stronger and more flexible. However, you don't have to suffer from pain and soreness without relief
There are many holistic pain/soreness relief options out there and they WORK. Rather than taking a Tylenol or Ibuprofen - check out these topical pain/soreness relievers for a more natural approach.
1. Epsom salt (http://amzn.to/2HpG1Wg): we all forget about this low cost but VERY effective product. Soaking in epsom salt can reduce inflammation, release tightness, reduce pain and soreness and detoxify the body. Take a bath and add 1.5 to 2 cups of epsom salt to the bath. Soak and let the bath release soreness and pain.
2. Sports Pro organic essential oil blend (http://amzn.to/2ByMKNb): This is my go to whenever I have VERY sore muscles. I admit, it does smell rather strong, but if you use it at night while you sleep - it's not a big deal (I like the smell). Dilute this blend with fractionated coconut oil in a roller ball applicator for ease of use in the location of your muscle pain (check out links below for roller balls and oil). It works instantly!
2. Relieve Me organic essential oil blend (http://amzn.to/2BzBGzl): This is my go to blend for muscle cramps. I originally bought this product for my son's leg cramps but have found I use it for muscle cramping anywhere. When a muscle seizes up, it can hurt for hours after the cramp has left. This stops the cramping and it also stops the lingering pain. Dilute this in a roller ball (http://amzn.to/2EPAn1l) with fractionated coconut oil (http://amzn.to/2Cs0d6v)(absorbs quickly/no color/no scent) for ease of application.
3. Peaceful Mountain Arnica Plus (http://www.peacefulmountain.com/): Clear, gel product that absorbs quickly so can be used during the day (no scent). This is my daytime go to product for muscle pain. This is a homeopathic gel that is organic and wild crafted. Easy to use, effective and all natural. Great for neck and back pain (my frequent use).
4. Peaceful Mountain product line (http://www.peacefulmountain.com/): This company carries a whole line of topical pain relievers including: Back & Neck Rescue, Muscle Ice, Joint/Tendon Rescue and they are all great products. Very effective, high quality and great for daytime use. Organic, wild crafted, locally made - I love working with a more holistic company!
There are many alternatives out there but these are my tried and true (as well as my local clients swear by them) for pain/soreness relief. The essential oil bottles, diluted, will last about a year with semi-regular use and I still have my first Peaceful Mountain products I bought 4 years ago and they are only half used so these definitely last awhile and are worth the cost. Check them out and feel better - holistically!
Peace & Namaste, Aprille
Please Subscribe to my YouTube channel for a NEW practices each week! http://bit.ly/TheYogaRangerStudio AND/OR join me for EXCLUSIVE weekly content, 100+ ad-free remastered YouTube practices, community forum, LIVE monthly video calls, free app (videos downloadable and viewable offline) on my Member Community at https://theyogaranger.vhx.tv.
I have been "playing" and experimenting with yoga, aromatherapy and healthy living since my late teens - researching, testing, reading, investigating, and learning anything that would make my life - and the lives around me - better naturally.
All of my online offerings are funded by students just like you! If you have enjoyed and benefited from the practices I offer, please consider donating to support free online yoga! Thank you!
One Time Donation
Subscribe to my newsletter for more tips, online offerings and news!
All rights reserved by Aprille Walker and The Yoga Ranger Studio 2014-2018 (copyrighted material)